Cooking has been my passion for a very long time and now I am so excited to be able to offer cooking lessons in the Hartford, Connecticut area. My expertise is in ‘Indian food’ especially South Indian and Kerala cuisine. However, I cook other cuisines too like Asian, Mexican, Middle Eastern and Italian. And additionally with my passion for healthy eating, I can also provide suggestions for healthy menu items including menu planning for people with dietary restrictions.
Group cooking sessions are loads of fun – we like to call them ‘Cooking Parties’! Invite your friends and /family, work with me to plan a menu and then we will work all together to create delicious food right in the comfort of your home. Cooking Parties are a great idea when you want to hang out with your friends, learn to cook something new and have good quality food! If that sounds like fun, contact me using the form on the bottom of this page for details and pricing!
Below I have listed some popular and / suggested cooking classes but I can create a custom class for you based on your specific needs.
Most of the classes include the following type of menu:
- One main course dish (entrée’) – Chicken/ Seafood/Vegetarian
- Rice dish(lemon rice or vegetable pilaf) OR Indian flatbread (roti/paratha)
- A Dessert
Chicken / Seafood Entrée’s:
- Chicken Biryani – Chicken and Basmati rice slow cooked with a blend of aromatic spices
- Chicken Tikka Masala – Marinated chicken cooked on skewers and then added to Creamy and mild tomato based curry sauce.
- Chicken Coconut Milk Curry – Kerala Style Chicken curry cooked in a coconut milk sauce
- Chicken Saag Aloo – Chicken cooked with potatoes and Spinach
- Chicken Kheema curry – Minced Chicken cooked with whole spices and potatoes
- Shrimp Coconut Curry –Shrimp cooked in a spicy and tangy coconut milk sauce along with green plantains/taro root/moringa pods
- One Pot Shrimp Pulao – Shrimp and Basmati rice cooked together with mild, aromatic spices
- Vegetable Korma (Vegan) – Vegetables like cauliflower, potatoes and peas cooked in a mildly spicy coconut milk sauce
- Aloo Gobhi (Vegan) – Cauliflower and potatoes sautéed with mustard seeds, cumin and coriander
- Paneer Makhani – Indian Cottage cheese cooked in a delicious gravy made of tomatoes and cream
- Chhole (Chickpea curry) – [Vegan ] (Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker recipe) – Chickpeas cooked in a spicy and tangy sauce
- Paalak Dal – [Vegan] (Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker recipe) – Spinach and lentils cooked in a coconut based sauce
- Sambhaar [Vegan]– Lentils and vegetables cooked in a spicy and tangy sauce
- Roti / Chapati – whole wheat flatbread
- Stuffed Parathas – Aloo Paratha (potato stuffed) and Methi (fenugreek leaves stuffed) paratha
- Dosa – [Gluten free]-crepes made of rice and lentils
- Idlis – [Gluten free]- steamed rice and lentil cakes